Monday, March 10, 2014

It's almost umbrella-drink weather!

Spring is my favorite season.  I love, more than anything, those first days of real Spring, when it's warm and sunny enough that you want to be outside, and there's still a chill in the air but you're ignoring it because you're just so excited that it's really, truly Spring, at last.  Spring means pedicures and planting, yard work and sundown drinks on the patio.  Spring means long, glorious days and nights when we live outside.  Spring means music.  Spring is crazy busy, but I love love love SPRING!



(I hate Summer.  Summer means mosquitos and humidity and sweating as soon as I walk outdoors.  Summer means having to come up with endless excuses for not going to the beach.  But I LOVE SPRING!)

We love our backyard.  We spend a lot of time in it, and we take pride in it.  It's a fun space, a quirky, kinda whimsical space, with a picket fence I built myself, totally overgrown with jasmine, a wiggly patio bordered by huge tubs of fresh herbs,  courtesy of Adrian...huge metal flowers and funny wooden fairies that Max made when he was six or seven....license-plates-as-art and the constant, drifting flotsam and jetsam of kids.  It's just good.

To celebrate my excitement about the approach of glorious Spring, I'm hosting a giveaway!  I've got a couple of fantastic ceramic Tiki mugs that are just begging to be filled with your favorite umbrella drink.  I've teamed up with fellow bloggers Parmesan and Pooh Sticks, who are adding a pair of Guinness glasses, in case you or your guests are more the beer-drinking type, and they're even throwing in a set of Pooh Sticks, suitable for carrying about town on your own Spring adventures (because you just never know when the urge to throw something off a bridge might strike, and better a stick than your Starbucks cup, amirite?)

These!!  You can totally win these!!!  You know you wanna.

You totally want to enter, right?  It's so easy, just click here to go to my Facebook page, and you can enter the giveaway on Rafflecopter in just a few easy steps!  The winner will be drawn at random on March 16, 2014.

Good luck...and Happy Spring!

5 comments:

  1. I think "tiki" is the best label ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I'm sticking with "pink stretch velour," myself.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can keep it, pink stretch velour doesn't flatter my figure ;-)

      Delete
  3. And wouldn't these compliment our Trader Sam's glass collection nicely?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I love love love Trader Sam's!!! And his glasses :)

      Delete

So, whaddya think?